Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SoCal Social -- Part 2

Sorry it took me longer than expected to post part 2 of SoCal Social photos.  I am planning Vivian's Quinceaneara (15th birthday party -- like a Sweet 16) and, when not at work, that is where my mind is...thinking of what needs to be done, what has been done, and what should have been done. I will post more about that later.  OK, so back to SoCal Social....here are the photos from the dinner at Avila's El Ranchito and photos of the Swag Bag contents and additional gifts.

Here we are seated at our table...munching on the chips & salsa...

The food at El Ranchito was muy deliciosa!  It was served buffet style and they had cheese enchiladas, fajitas, rice, beans and tortillas...ole!  Dessert was provided by Meringue Bake Shop and dang was it yummy!  She also provided her PushCakes in our gift bags, but I didn't get a shot of it as I gave it to Vivian and before I was able to take the photo it was gone.  But she said it was "soooo good!".  
I liked the napkin provided with the dessert...short and to the point!
  
The fabulous Mark Montano attended this year again, and brought us his new book, "The Big-Ass Book of Bling".
When we got to our table each chair had a big gift bag and all kinds of things were in them...spray paint, duck tape, glue, cute stuff, useful stuff, needed stuff, and well, amazing stuff!  Here are photos of the gift bag and swag bag contents...
Beverly & Vivienne also had the raffle section of the evening with very generous gifts to be won. And guess what?!?! I won! Yay me! I won a Bias Tape maker. 
I forgot to take photos of the pens & colored pencils that were also part of the gift bag.
Once again I want to thank Beverly & Vivienne for a fantastic day!  

Until next time...
Spooky pic of Luna....Happy Halloween everybody! 



4 comments:

  1. Yay Alma!! This was so fun to read! The photos or your table and you and Amanda are so super cute! And I'm so glad you won the bias tape maker - you will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly! I can't wait to use it. Now if I can only figure out how to use my sewing machine!

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures you took! So happy that you've won that great prize! And hope you can start using your sewing machine soon! I'm still learning--taking sewing & quilting classes at a local fabric store in Pasadena. So much fun! Have a wonderful week. And Happy Halloween to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your wrap-ups and so glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete