Thursday, October 4, 2012

Gold Lace...

I like to check out other blogs on the regular.  Sometimes I marvel at the ingenuity, creativity, and geniusosity (it's a word...OK, it's not but I like it) of the DIY blogs out there.  I mean to take on a designer's jewelry piece and make it yourself for tons less is fabulous!  So, I was checking out RunwayDIY.com's take on the gold lace cuff and thought, "dang, that's so easy!" so I attempted to do it myself or DIM...hmmm....not quite the same ring as DIY.....anyway, check out her post here and this is how mine turned out....
I basically followed everything she did...
I covered a roll of paper with plastic wrap...sealed the ends with tape to hold the paper in place...measured piece of lace around my wrist and left an inch in between...then with a sponge I added white glue to the lace and then wrapped the lace around the roll of paper and tied with dental floss to hold the lace in place.  Let it set for about 24 hours...OK it was more like a couple of months.  I meant to go back and finish it during the summer but I was busy with...well, OK fine, I forgot about it!  But, the important part here is that I did finish it! Look how nice it looks on Vivian's wrist...
The only thing I did different is that I used this paint...
instead of the spray painting it.  It's the same paint I used to stencil my downstairs bathroom...
Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment