Monday, January 30, 2012

That's just nuts....

Had a great but busy weekend.  Saturday attended a baby shower during the day and then rushed home to finish up getting ready for Vivian's Slumber Party.  Six giggly teenage girls!  Good times.  We had nachos, pizza and these little guys...
Cupcakes are a must at any slumber party!
The plan was for them to each decorate their own cupcakes but that never happened.  They were too busy laughing, singing, gossiping, etc.  No worries though, I was able to practice my frosting skills (or lack of).  The cake part is Strawberry flavored (from a box) with home made Vanilla Cream Cheese frosting (I'm not too crazy about frosting from a can). 

Before  I "rushed" home I made a pit stop at Home Depot and bought these...

No, not for the slumber party but to make these...

Cute and, yes, super easy, bracelets!  I got the idea from Letandas blog.  Check out her blog she has some really cool designs using hex nuts. I know! Who knew?!?!  Who (whom?!?!) ever started this idea (I'm not sure if it was her) is VERY ingenious!  I really like the way they turned out.  


I'm going to play around with these...um...nuts (sorry couldn't resist) and come up with some different bracelets and earrings.  Stay tuned!

 Until next time!



1 comment:

  1. I love the bracelets that you made! I like that they are thin so you can wear them stacked! Thank you for linking to my blog! By the way, I got the idea to use hex nuts for braided bracelets from Honestly...WTF but the designs on my page I came up with on my own :)

    ReplyDelete