Monday, October 17, 2011

Spinach & Artichoke Dip...

I have a serious fondness for spinach and artichoke dip.  I have had this appetizer type dish at many restaurants (well, most just have the spinach part of it) but the best one I ate took place at my older brother's house.  My sister-in-law made it and  I almost ate the whole dang bowl!  She gave me the recipe...I made it and then lost the recipe.  BUT I pretty much remember the ingredients, although I may have added some. I've made it without the recipe and haven't had any complaints.  In fact, I made it on Friday and I was told it was “very good” (and no, I am not the only one that ate it!).  It super easy and you really can't mess it up.  Make it…nosh on it…take it to that Halloween party you are invited to…they’ll thank you for it and you may even win the Best Halloween costume award!   

Side note:  My mom does not like artichokes, but she really digs this dip. So, if you are not an artichoke person, try it...you just might like it.

Here’s what you’ll need:

1 package of frozen spinach – thawed (make sure it's fully thawed and it's dried)
1 can of artichokes – rinsed
2 teaspoons of mayonnaise (I "eyeballed" it but it looked about 2 tsps worth)
2 teaspoons of sour cream (same as above) 
8 oz of cream cheese (this I know for sure) 
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (or more if you like it cheesier)
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese (again more if you like)
cayenne pepper (to taste…I added about ½ tsp)
hot sauce (to taste….I added about 4 or 5 drops)
salt & pepper

Get a medium size microwave safe bowl and add all ingredients minus the cayenne pepper & hot sauce.  Zap it for 2 minutes on high.  Take out and stir…and do it again until cheeses have melted.  Then add the rest of ingredients and stir until combined.  Now, grab a cracker, mini baguettes (would that be baguetties?) or whatever you will be using to scoop up some and try it.  Add more hot sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, or pepper if need to and stir and try again….and again just to make sure you don’t need any more seasoning….and once more as you ate the last one so fast you aren’t 100 % sure…and again just because you can...now step away from the bowl as otherwise you’ll eat it all (it’s happened folks).


Until next time…
Luna with her favorite toy.



3 comments:

  1. Looks really good!!

    New follower :)

    Stephanie
    chocolatecoveredbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack your little Luna is too cute for words! That sweetie pie face, I just want to scoop her up and give her hugs!! I know what u mean about spinach dip, for years I never went near the stuff, thought it would taste awful, but then I tried it and oh man oh man was it delicious, now I can't get enough.
    :)
    Mikky
    www.todaloos.com

    ReplyDelete