Monday, October 3, 2011

L.A. Fair Fun...

Last month my guy and I decided to take in the sights, sounds and food of the Los Angeles Fair at the Pomona Fairgrounds, and so I thought I would post some pix about our day.  We got there at around noon and were only planning on staying a couple of hours but ended up staying until 11:00 pm.  There was lots to see but thankfully we didn’t over indulge in the fried food department.  About the only thing I really wanted to try fried was the pickles…I love fried pickles!  So let the tour begin...

Entrace to the Fair....it was a bit over cast when we got there.


There were a lot of great exhibits....like this "Jurassic Park" themed exhibit...
Welcome...now step into my mouth!
The nursery
Baby Dinos!  
These two were all fired up! The one on the left is saying, "Oh, it's on!" 

After that exhibit we checked out some live animals....
This cutie is a Bennets Wallaby
And this cool bird....
I like his pompadour!  He's (or was it a she) is a Greater  Curassow.

They also had contests and one was all about jewelry!  Here are the winners...


There were others but my camera decided to stop working...I guess it got tired.  


So, what else was there to do but check out the food! Luckily my camera decided to get back to work....
 Potatoes anyone?  

How about some ribs?
Funnel Cake with the works...strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate syrup! Yummalicious! 

We did catch the group War ("The Cisco Kid", "Why Can't We Be Friends", "George Lopez Show theme song"...just kidding, "Low Rider" of course!) in concert.  It was a spur of the moment decision so that's why our "let's go to the LA Fair for a couple of hours" plan ended up being an all day and night reality.  It was a great day though!  

I made some new jewelry and hope to post some time this week!  

Until next time...
















No comments:

Post a Comment