Thursday, July 11, 2013

Salmon Dinner

I can't say salmon without pronouncing the "l".  I try.  I really do.  In my mind I'm saying it correctly but as soon as I open my mouth the "l" sneaks in.  True story.  Regardless of how difficult the little word is for me to pronounce I do like to eat it.  The other day I was surfing the net looking for a new way to make it besides marinated and grilled.  My search ended when I found a recipe located on food.com
So good!
It's called "The Ultimate Salmon Fillets".  I mean, with a name like that I had to try it.  Unfortunately, I didn't exactly have all the ingredients, so I changed it up a bit.  
Let me tell you, it is really good.  The creamy sauce on top still let's the salmon flavor through. Vivian and her friend loved it...they had seconds.  Here is the recipe...

Baked Salmon
adapted from here

What you need:
1 lb salmon
1/3 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons mustard (I used spicy mustard)
2 teaspoons finely minced onions
2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper

How to:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Cut salmon into service size pieces.  Add each piece onto greased baking dish.  

In a medium size bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, onions, and thyme.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  

Add mixture to each salmon piece by spreading it on.

Bake for 20 minutes.  When done remove from oven and add parmesan cheese.
 

And done!
Add a salad or veggies and you have a delicious mean!
Until next time!
Luna says "Hi"!



No comments:

Post a Comment