Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cookies & a Tray

Tonight I'm heading to my friend's house for "Girls Night In".  I am so looking forward to spending time with my close friends.  I usually take a dessert, and tonight is no different.  Because I didn't have time to shop I made do with what I had at home, which are ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies.  But of course!  You can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookies...oh and brownies...a nice cheesecake is always good....and let's not forget cupcakes....oh! cake balls!...OK, I'll stop.  So, I made my favorite chocolate chip cookies but decided to add some cardamom spice to them.
 Here's the recipe:
adapted from Ghiradelli  chocolate chip cookie recipe

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tablespoon ground cardamon
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter -- I used 1 stick salted and 1 stick unsalted as that is what I had
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla (I used vanilla bean paste)
2 large eggs
1 bag Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2.  In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cardamon -- stir together until well incorporated and  set aside.
3.  Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. (I used KitchenAid mixer for parts 3 - 6)
4.  Add vanilla and then eggs one at a time and beat well.
5.  Gradually add the four mixture.
6.  Add the chocolate chips and stir together, by hand.
7.  Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet.
8.  Bake 9 to 11 minutes until golden brown (mine were done in 9 minutes).
9.  Remove from oven and leave cookie sheet for about 2 minutes.
10.  Place cookie sheet on wire rack to cool completely.
 


I took the cookies to my friend's house on this tray....
As you can see you can also use the tray to display jewelry!


It was super easy to put together.  Here's what I used....

Plastic Tray -- $1 from Dollar Tree store
Tissue Paper -- $1 from Dollar Tree store
Modge Podge -- already had

So, for $2 have a nifty tray I can use for baked good (just added coffee filters in between the food and the tray).  

Until next time....
Luna wearing her new outfit her Aunt Nora gave her.  




No comments:

Post a Comment