adapted from Ghiradelli chocolate chip cookie recipe
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tablespoon ground cardamon
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter -- I used 1 stick salted and 1 stick unsalted as that is what I had
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla (I used vanilla bean paste)
2 large eggs
1 bag Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cardamon -- stir together until well incorporated and set aside.
3. Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. (I used KitchenAid mixer for parts 3 - 6)
4. Add vanilla and then eggs one at a time and beat well.
5. Gradually add the four mixture.
6. Add the chocolate chips and stir together, by hand.
7. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet.
8. Bake 9 to 11 minutes until golden brown (mine were done in 9 minutes).
9. Remove from oven and leave cookie sheet for about 2 minutes.
10. Place cookie sheet on wire rack to cool completely.
I took the cookies to my friend's house on this tray....
|As you can see you can also use the tray to display jewelry!|