I thought it was perfect for a "placemat clutch". I've seen countless tutorials out there for them but the ones I've seen involved sewing. I still wanted to make one but I am too intimidated by my sewing machine (don't ask why...but I've taken control and signed up for sewing lesson next month!). I figured at $1.99 I would buy it and save it for later. When I got home I thought, "hey, why not use super glue?!?!" Why not indeed! I figure if it didn't work I wasn't out much money. And guess what it worked!
I added a rhinestone (it was part of an earring that died) and, since it was last minute, I added velcro for closure. Basically I glued the sides together, clipped them in place to allow the glue to dry and then I glued the velcro and the rhinestone. Took me like 5 minutes. I love the end result.
|front of clutch|
|inside of clutch|
My mom thought I had just bought it at Marshall's so I guess it looked good. Vivian asked if I was going to sell it. Haha! I guess she liked it also. I'm happy that after weeks I made something...even if it was super easy.
Until next time....
|Luna about to chomp on her favorite treat.|